Friday, June 25, 2010

Bravo for the Prado

(Yea, I know I'm mixing Italian in with the Spanish. I just liked the sound of it.)
The Prado Museum of Art has wheelchairs they let you use for free!!!!
Lots of security, can't take a backpack or anything large and everything goes through an airport like screening process. Small price to pay for being able to whiz through the rooms looking at art and not getting tired.
However, the food court and restrooms are difficult to manage. The handicapped restroom is up a steep ramp behind a door that opens toward you. Ask for help. There are enough tourists here that someone will help if asked nicely (Ayudame por favor). The food court is a little cramped to wheel yourself through and not risk loosing a knuckle. I found it helpful to lift the leg support on the "good leg side" and pull myself through. Slowly. Too hard and it's like a row boat going in circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment