Monday, June 28, 2010

Ole' Sevilla!

El Patio Sevillano is the Flamenco establishment the Hotel recommended. I decided to go to the late show and, as I had over tapa-ed (again) I didn't opt for the dinner plan. No steps to get in, wide aisles and not too crowded.
Now THIS was the side of Spain I had been anxious to see. Live music and singing combined with 8 or 9 dance vignettes. There is foot stomping that reminds me of Irish dancing combined with beautiful hand and arm movements similar to Hawaiian dancing. Also, the dancers contribute to the rhythm not only with their feet but by clicking their castinettes in a similar fashion to the finger cymbals Greek belly dancers use.
There were several traditional dances and Carmen. With my limited Spanish, I couldn't make out all the words. I do know that I heard "corazon", "mi amore", and "consuelo" quite often. Heart, my love, and inconsolable were common themes. Was I in Spain or back home watching a country music video?? Spain. These women had no cleavage or booty showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment