Monday, January 3, 2011

4 out of 5

I think it's, "Four out of five dentists recommend Trident sugarless gum to their patients who chew gum.", or, something similar. My problem is that I've always been the weird kid who wondered:
Who was that fifth dentist? Why didn't she recommend Trident? How did they choose the dentists involved in the recommending panel? What was recommended instead of Trident? Was it another gum or no gum? And so on, and on, and on.
The problem with that type of thinking is I never have the answers I feel I need in order to make any statements about gum.
I am no longer going to hold myself hostage to the need to know everything before I post. The blog will retain it's journal/post card style while Gimpyguide.com will be more professional and content laden.
And, just in the nick of time as I am about to embark on some more global adventures.
Coming soon...road trip across a blizzard like Iowa and it's rest stops(they are THAT good).....Chicago Market....LAX (large enough to warrant it's own post)...Australia.

2 comments:

  1. I share your intrigue, perhaps the 5th dentists also votes for Donald Duck in elections. While I look forward to visiting Gimpyguide.com, your journalistic approach provides entertainment, as well as providing hard information. I look forward to future posts and wish you safe traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's also interesting is the idea that the fifth dentist was a "she". Why couldn't 1 through 4 dentists be a she or a combination and the 5th a he and does it or should it make a difference? Advertising is an interesting expose on the minds proclivity to accept only what we want to hear. Ignore the obvious and question the intriguing but revel in the ability to decide.
    Bring on the rest stops.

    ReplyDelete