Monday, January 10, 2011

Iowa-gotta go

I found myself on a road trip to Iowa in a snow storm. NOT the most fun place to be. The roads were slick, traffic was slow and the floors in the service stations were scary. However, there was a bright spot in this drive through Iowa: the rest stops.
I wish I had taken my camera they were that great.
The cement on the way in was the old school swimming pool kind. Bad news for the rear of your swimsuit or tender feet but, great news for traction on crutches. There were long, thirsty mats lining the entry AND to the bathroom. The handicapped was the first stall in the row. YEA!! I wasn't in time out by being in the corner stall. The wide, easy to maneuver doors latched securely. The towels were located close to the sink. I prefer to dry my hands before having them slip on the handles to my crutches.
If more restrooms could take a lesson or two from Iowa, the world would be a happier place. Really. The pebble in the pond theory works. Especially if you've encountered me or anyone wiped out on a slippery bathroom floor during a concert or sporting event. It's hard to maintain love and light when your whole backside is covered in wet toilet paper and grime. And, that's if we didn't get hurt in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment